One way ticket from Ísafjörður to Lónafjörður
>>>Click here to book ticket back to Ísafjörður
Lónafjörður lies between Veiðileysufjörður and Hrafnsfjörður in Jökulfjörður. Lónanúpur extends into the sea south of the fjord, but opposite it is Múli. It is difficult to walk in front of the fjord bottom except on the shore and then along reefs that lie a good distance from land, because inside them are reservoirs that are said to be bottomless and reach the mountain Einbúi which runs into the sea at the bottom of the fjord. The reservoirs are rich in seals. Outside the mouth of the fjord to the west was the town of Kvíar, which was deserted in 1948.
Please familiarize yourself with the rules of conduct for nature reserves.
Passengers will have to go ashore in a dinghy.
Est. sailing time: 1 hour and 30 min.
Stated time is based on direct sailing. Please be aware that sea state and weather will have effects on journey time.
Minimum number: 5 passengers
- In order to reduce unnecessary delays and inconvenience for other passengers, it is our recommendation that each passenger carry only 20 kg and the luggage contained in a suitcase, backpack or a container that hold all your things. Everything that is considered abnormal in excess of luggage is charged separately or ISK 4000. Please check in at booking.
- We offer a shuttle service with luggage to Reykjarfjörður or Látravík for 1500 ISK. Please check in at booking.
- Kayaks or other large items must be ordered in advance and cost 4,000 ISK. Please check in at booking.
- All expensive equipment is the responsibility of the owner.
- In case of damage
We sincerely apologies for the damage caused to your luggage and any inconvenience this may have caused.
- Report must be made to us in writing within 7 days from travel date from Hornstrandir. All claims must be made by individuals in separate claims. Families, however, can combine their claims.
- Kindly provide the following information when submitting a claim:
Picture of damaged item
Age, value and brand name of the damaged item
If item value exceeds more than 100 EUR, confirmation of original value is needed.
Contact us for more information email@example.com
It is our recommendation that people bring appropriate clothing according to the weather forecast. However, weather conditions can change rapidly and it is therefore necessary to bring warm clothes. It is good to have change of clothes, waterproof clothes and appropriate footwear.
In Iceland, the weather is often unpredictable and clothing is therefore an important part of trips to Hornstrandir.
Passengers are asked to consider their own disease control and follow the disease control rules that apply in the community. The government's recommendations on masking and disinfection apply on board in order to reduce the risk of infection and protect other passengers.
Respect the rules, take care of your own hygiene and use masks. Stay safe.
Kvíar - Rangali 8 km
Rangali - Rangalaskarð - Hornvík 13 km
Sópandi - Barðsvík 11 km
Sópandi - Hrafnfjörð 12 km