One way ticket to Hornvík
>>>Click here to book ticket back to Norðurfjörður
Hornvík is a beautiful cove that lies between Hælavíkurbjarg and Hornbjarg.
Hornbjarg rises to the east of the bay and to the west of it is Hælavíkurbjarg, but these two rocks, together with Látrabjarg, are the largest bird cliffs in Iceland.
Hornbjarg is a steep sea rock that rises from the sea in the northwest corner of the Westfjords. Its highest peaks are Kálfatindur (534 m) and Jörundur (429 m), collectively called Kálfatindur. Hornbjarg's northernmost nose is called Horn, but it is the northernmost point of the Westfjords and the middle of Hornstrandir.
Please familiarize yourself with the rules of conduct for nature reserves.
There are two options to go ashore: Please choose one of them in booking process. 1. Höfn 2. Hornbærinn.
Passengers will have to go ashore in a dinghy.
Est. sailing time: 2 hours and 15 min
Stated time is based on direct sailing. Please be aware that sea state and weather will have effects on journey time.
Minimum number: 7 passengers
- Til að minnka óþarfa tafir og óþægindi fyrir aðra farþega eru það tilmæli okkar að hver farþegi hafi ekki nema 20 kg meðferðis og vel sé gengið frá farangri þar sem við förum í land í léttbát. Allt sem telst óeðlilega umfram farangur er rukkað sérstaklega fyrir eða 5.000 kr. (Hakað við í bókun).
- Hægt er að skutlast með trúss/farangur til Reykjarfjarðar, Látravíkur eða Dranga fyrir 2.500 kr. (Hakað við í bókun).
- Kayaks or other large items must be ordered in advance and cost 4,000 ISK. Please check in at booking.
- All expensive equipment is the responsibility of the owner.
- Kajak eða aðrir stórir hlutir þarf að panta fyrirfram og kostar 5.000 kr.
- Report must be made to us in writing within 7 days from travel date from Hornstrandir. All claims must be made by individuals in separate claims. Families, however, can combine their claims.
- Kindly provide the following information when submitting a claim:
Picture of damaged item
Age, value and brand name of the damaged item
If item value exceeds more than 100 EUR, confirmation of original value is needed.
Contact us for more information email@example.com
It is our recommendation that people bring appropriate clothing according to the weather forecast. However, weather conditions can change rapidly and it is therefore necessary to bring warm clothes. It is good to have change of clothes, waterproof clothes and appropriate footwear.
In Iceland, the weather is often unpredictable and clothing is therefore an important part of trips to Hornstrandir.
Passengers are asked to consider their own disease control and follow the disease control rules that apply in the community. The government's recommendations on masking and disinfection apply on board in order to reduce the risk of infection and protect other passengers.
Respect the rules, take care of your own hygiene and use masks. Stay safe.