Norðurfjörður – Reykjarfjörður – Norðurfjörður
Reykjarfjörður is a large fjord and a unique natural pearl. It was deserted in 1959, but the houses are still standing and are well maintained. There are summer cottages in Reykjarfjörður and some offer accommodation.
Reykjarfjörður is on a geothermal area and has a hot spring area, where the water reaches 64°C. On location there is a swimming pool that was built in 1938. A large sawmill can be found down by the beach, and no shortage of driftwood.
In Reykjarfjörður is a large icefall from the northern side of Drangajökull and from it flows Reykjarfjarðarós, which is the name of the glacial river that falls down the valley into Reykjarfjörður.
Harbour is in Reykjafjörð but it can be hard to dock there. If there are low tide passengers will have to go ashore in a dinghy.
Night tours: Only available on Saturdays in July.
Route: Norðurfjörður - Reykjarfjörður - Norðurfjörður
Trip duration: 6 hours
Travel time: stated time is based on direct sailing. Please be aware that sea state and weather will have effects on journey time.
Departure from Norðurfjörður pier at 10:00.
Departure from Reykjafjörður pier at 16:00.
Minimum number: 10 passengers
- In order to reduce unnecessary delays and inconvenience for other passengers, it is our recommendation that each passenger carry only 20 kg and the luggage contained in a suitcase, backpack or a container that hold all your things. Everything that is considered abnormal in excess of luggage is charged separately or ISK 4000. Please check in at booking.
- We offer a shuttle service with luggage to Reykjarfjörður or Látravík for 1500 ISK. Please check in at booking.
- Kayaks or other large items must be ordered in advance and cost 4,000 ISK. Please check in at booking.
- All expensive equipment is the responsibility of the owner.
- In case of damage
We sincerely apologies for the damage caused to your luggage and any inconvenience this may have caused.
- Report must be made to us in writing within 7 days from travel date from Hornstrandir. All claims must be made by individuals in separate claims. Families, however, can combine their claims.
- Kindly provide the following information when submitting a claim:
Picture of damaged item
Age, value and brand name of the damaged item
If item value exceeds more than 100 EUR, confirmation of original value is needed.
Contact us for more information email@example.com
It is our recommendation that people bring appropriate clothing according to the weather forecast. However, weather conditions can change rapidly and it is therefore necessary to bring warm clothes. It is good to have change of clothes, waterproof clothes and appropriate footwear.
In Iceland, the weather is often unpredictable and clothing is therefore an important part of trips to Hornstrandir.
Passengers are asked to consider their own disease control and follow the disease control rules that apply in the community. The government's recommendations on masking and disinfection apply on board in order to reduce the risk of infection and protect other passengers.
Respect the rules, take care of your own hygiene and use masks. Stay safe.
Reykjarfjörður – Hrafnfjörður - Skorarheiði 14 – 16 km.
Reykjarfjörður to Hrollleifsborg 12 – 14 km.
Reykjarfjörður - Bjarnarfjörður - Skjaldabjarnarvík 15-16 km.
Reykjarfjörður - Bjarnarfjörður - Fossdalsheiði 8 km.